Two institutes from the Fraunhofer Gesellschaft have settled in the Potsdam Science Park: The Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Polymer Sciences (IAP) and the Bioanalytics and Bioprocesses (IZI-BB) division of the Fraunhofer Institute for Cell Therapy and Immunology. In cooperation with industry leaders, both institutes are developing innovative solutions on the cutting edge between medicine and bio- and material-sciences, from bio-based packaging to lightweight construction materials.
Main research topics Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Polymer Research IAP
- Bioeconomy and sustainability: With biopolymers made from renewable raw materials, we enable sustainable products and a circular economy.
- Energy transition and mobility: By integrating innovative materials into process materials and products, we are driving forward the energy transition and new mobility concepts.
- Health and quality of life: We offer individual solutions for new active substances, products and processes for medicine, medical technology and cosmetics.
- Industry and technology: We develop innovative materials, processes and technologies on an industrial scale – from synthesis to prototype.
Main research topics Fraunhofer Institute for Cell Therapy and Immunology IZI
- Analytics & Assay Development: Optimisation of analytical processes, assay developments and adaptations – selection of the analytical method up to data acquisition and interpretation of results.
- Organic production: Optimised production of complex biomolecules – proteinogenic agents, enzymes, complex peptides, proteins and synthetic biomolecules.
- Cryophilic microalgae: Screening for ingredients in algae isolates for special application issues and development of production processes.